I turned 35 today, and like a few other milestone birthdays, this one brought with it an irresistible charge to reflect on the lessons I’ve learned throughout the years.
Here are 35 of them I’d relay to my younger self and other girls.
1. Remember to play. Everyday.
2. Go beyond your comfort zone. Often.
3. Concern yourself more with feeling good than looking good.
4. Be careful who you tell your dreams to.
5. Spend more time doing than dreaming.
6. Force nothing … not your foot in a shoe, not your self in a relationship.
7. Cook more than you eat out.
8. Feed your creative soul.
9. Learn how to enjoy your own company.
10. Aim for excellence, not perfection.
11. Find the lesson in every defeat so you can get on with your life.
12. Ask (precisely, concisely and nicely) for what you want.
13. Avoid locking into labels. You will redefine yourself often.
14. Recognize people for who they are, not for who you want them to be.
15. Find your center.
16. Follow nature’s lead, and lean towards the light.
17. Discern between other people’s fear and your own.
18. Take your time, but don’t take too long.
19. Understand money as a tool, and know how to use it.
20. Hustle. Hard.
21. Follow your curiosity.
22. Err on the side of compassion.
23. Give your word, and keep it.
24. Master how to deal with disappointment.
25. Hold your middle finger high to oppressive gender stereotypes.
26. Learn how to throw: a jab, your hat in the ring and a side-eye.
27. Compare yourself only to former versions of yourself.
28. See as much of the world as you can.
29. Dance. Never stop dancing.
30. Care deeply about something.
31. Create your own brand of beautiful.
32. Use your wings to reach the height of your abilities.
33. Stay in touch with your parents, siblings and best friends.
34. Live like you mean it.
35. Pause now and then to recognize how magical you are.
Submitted by Candace Dolby to Positive Outlooks Blog. Candace loves all things inspirational. Her BLOG motivates everyone to find their courage and apply it to life’s dilemmas. You can also follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
If you have something inspirational to say, “how-to” or witnessed something that inspired you please submit your story HERE.
Follow Our Blog